Location: Houston, TX, US
A Machinery / Vibration Analyst in the Customer Support (CS) department is responsible for delivering quality machinery diagnostic and technical support to end users of PROGNOST-NT and PROGNOST-Predictor on-line condition monitoring and machine protection systems. Specific duties include conducting analysis on rotating equipment using PROGNOST Systems HW and SW, developing warning levels based on trends, initial and advanced user training on PROGNOST Software, and responding to customer requests for hardware, software and mechanical analysis support.
This position requires teamwork with internal colleagues in Customer Support, Project Management, R&D and Sales. Building and maintaining direct personal relationships with clients and ensuring timely delivery of quality services is a key element of this position. Customer Support Analyst provides support of customer needs via company telephone helpdesk and keeps track of outstanding issues via internal incident database. Approximately 40% travel is required.
Minimum of a two-year college degree in mechanical engineering technology or related discipline. Equivalent training and experience can be substituted.
- ISO Category II Vibration Analyst (or industry equivalent), with minimum of three year’s practical experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting machinery vibration data. Experience on reciprocating equipment or large industrial multi-shaft gearboxes is a plus.
- Minimum of three year’s industrial hands-on field experience in predictive maintenance or vibration analysis.
- Ability to Produce technical reports with recommendations for corrective actions and repairs based on vibration analysis.
- Ability to read and understand both mechanical drawings and electrical loop diagrams.
- Has developed successful client/vendor relationships.
- Has demonstrated exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Strong understanding of personal computer-based applications in a network environment.
- Working knowledge of email, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Strong and thorough communication skills in written and verbal presentations. Comfortable presenting to groups.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- A valid driver’s license, use of a dependable transportation, and a certificate of insurance. The ability to obtain, if not already in possession of, a US passport and TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card.
- Capable of lifting heavy objects, up to 50 pounds, on a periodic basis.
- Participate in company-wide random drug screening program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Generate income by delivering on-site and remote support services including end user training.
- Consult with the sales staff regarding potential clients. Attend technical sales appointments to assess client’s needs, provide technical information, and develop support solutions.
- Ensure superior customer satisfaction and overall success via direct contact with end user
- Maintain successful client relationships and bring concerns to the Lead Manager and sales.
- Maintain CS activities in Service database.
- Provide telephone support for clients as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Keep a record of notes from team and customer meetings.
- Is continually increasing their technical knowledge and analysis skills.
- Keep detailed and accurate timesheets of all on-site activities.
The above are the Customer Support Analyst’s primary responsibilities, which are not limited to these specific tasks and are subject to change.
Annual base salary range: commensurate with experience.
Benefits include: Simple IRA with 3% company match and generous health benefits including dental, vision, and long term and short term disability.
Who we are:
PROGNOST Systems GmbH is part of the Burckhardt Compression AG Group and a global leader in automated condition monitoring and efficient protection of people, the environment and reciprocating/turbomachinery and complex gearboxes. Our turn-key products and services have enjoyed an excellent reputation worldwide for more than 20 years in a market with the highest demands. At our locations in Rheine (DE), Houston (USA) and Abu Dhabi (UAE), 85 motivated employees work in an international environment.
Thus, we stand for optimal energy utilization and help to secure the energy supply also in the future. With our state-of-the-art systems, we support our customers in the production, storage and use of LNG, hydrogen and biofuels. In this way, we make an important contribution to the critical infrastructure of energy supply.